Monday, February 8, 2010

Love.


Love? What is love? It is a strong feeling that you have like someone very much. There are two kinds of love: deep love and platonic love. Deep love is felt by people who are related to one another, either by blood relationship or through marriage. On the other hand, platonic love is the love that friends have for each other.

Deep love encompasses parents’ love for their children, husbands for their wives and siblings for each other. This love involves so many types of emotions that it becomes a binding force. This binding force keeps the family together in the name of family spirit.

For example, I love my mother very much. I am willing to do anything for her. Therefore, when my mother did not like my boyfriend. I decided to end the relationship. It was painful for me and my boyfriend but that is the extent of I love for my mother.

On the other example, when a married couple decides to get a divorce, they have either stopped loving each other or a third party is in the picture. If the former is the reason for the separation, then there is a chance of coaxing this couple may never resolve their differences. When this happens, the relationship becomes not only bitter but also difficult to mend.

Meanwhile, platonic love exists among friends. The love that friends have for each other, does not involve sexual emotions. However, it enables them to be with each other through thick and thin. Good friends forever: they stand by each other in moments of trouble and hardship. It is vital to know that such platonic love is possible not only among members of the same sex but also among members of the opposite sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment