Sunday, January 31, 2010

10 facts about myself.

Love? What is love? It is a strong feeling that you like someone very much. I love my mother very much. I am willing to do anything for her. Therefore, when my mother did not like my boyfriend. I decided to end the relationship. It was painful for me and my boyfriend but that is the extent of I love for my mother.

I and my father do not see eye to eye on most issues. We quarrel over the choice of place to eat, type of newspapers to buy, shop to go for Mall and even type of clothes to wear for functions. We contradict each other in almost everything. I have come to the conclusion that there is a serious generation gap between my father and myself.

Sibling rivalry is especially conspicuous when children are approaching their teens. It happens when there is a small age gap between my brother and my sister. Although my siblings are merely a few years older than each other, they do not see eye on most issues that concern them. Consequently they quarrel over almost everything: ‘parents’ attention, television, clothes, books, friends and so on. While some are not even on taking terms, others end up quarrelling all the time. Parents who lose sleep over this problem need to find a solution, in order to restore harmony within the family. However, this is not always easy to achieve.

My friend now is MP4; it is because MP4 compresses music into computer friendly files. MP4 can be accessed by downloading tunes from websites or putting pre-recorded CDs into PCs which convert sounds into MP4 within minutes. Once this music is on the PCs’ hard drive, the music can be played through the computer speakers or it can be ‘burnt’ onto blank CDs.

I like jogging. Jogging is important to a person. Jogging cannot be bought with money and, therefore, it is important that everyone takes care of their health. There are several ways to ensure that a person does this. Jogging also helps your organs function better while you turn into a more efficient energy-burning machine.

To maintain my healthy lifestyle, I must first of all careful of what I eat. Our diet must include carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables helps to keep us healthy, as they are a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins help to protect the body against infection, ensure growth and rejuvenation of the cells, help build healthy bones and teeth and enhance the overall well-being of a person.

Most people live such a hectic life that it adversely affects their health. But not for me. Stress affects almost everyone, even homemakers and students. A person can learn to control stress by setting realistic goals for himself. This would include getting involved in a hobby, maintaining warm relationships with both family and friends and learning to relax and appreciate nature and all its beauty and splendor.

If I do not have enough money for entertainment, go for campus-sponsored activities. I am sure there are many activities offered by my college. The same goes for recreation. Although there are recreation clubs which provide numerous facilities, make do with the ones which are available on campus.

When it comes to food, there is no need to eat out all the time. Nowadays, even RM5 is not enough to buy me a decent meal. So I might as well eat on campus. With escalating food prices, may notice that everyone seems to spend less on eating out. I think people are now more conscious about now much they spend on food.

As for making friends, mix around with people who are sincere in being friends with me, and avoid anyone who has personal agendas. Most importantly, befriend those who practice. Self-discipline in everything they do. I also believe that I should avoid peer pressure. I must take charge of my college life and not be pressured into doing things I am not comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment